All the following should be capitalized so that readers can easily understand their importance:
What to Capitalize
1. The first word of every sentence.
2. Proper nouns.
3. Titles used with names or instead of names.
4. Titles of creative works.
5. Days of the week, months, holidays, and special events.
6. Names of historical events, periods, and documents.
7. Course titles.
8. References to regions of the country, but not words that only indicate directions.
9. Letter salutations (openings) and valedictions (closings).
1. My favorite city is Paris.
2. California, Diablo Valley College.
3. Cousin Maria, Ms. Taylor.
4. Life of Pi, Catcher in the Rye.
5. Monday, February, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July.
6. French Revolution, Declaration of Independence, Vietnam War.
7. History 101, Philosophy 200.
8. Midwest, Northern California, Bay Area.
9. Dear Professor Wise, Sincerely.