The Power of Poetry
Writing poetry can help you improve the skills you need to thrive in your personal and
According to John Coleman, the author of “The Benefits of Poetry for Professionals,” poetry offers several benefits:
1. It teaches individuals to “wrestle with and simplify complexity” –in other words, to transform chaos into something that is meaningful and comprehendible.
2. It improves the use of language skills and the ability to communicate.
3. It improves social skills so that people can better understand the feelings and motivations of
4. It helps develop an acute sense of empathy.
5. It cultivates creativity.
6. It infuses life with beauty and meaning.
Poetry can boost leadership, communication, social, and empathy skills. It can improve self-awareness and help individuals to understand others. Poetry can deepen people’s experiences, thereby creating purpose, significance, and joy out of seemingly ordinary occurrences.